Test Summary & Purpose
The purpose of this test is to see how users go about finding the right product for them and how they interact with your search and filtering options.
This test can help you understand if there are any bugs or friction points in your search and filtering tools, and if the product images and descriptions are clear enough.
Basic navigation – 1-5 minutes, max 3 tasks
Number of testers
- You are looking to buy a gift for a friend’s birthday and you know they’re interested in [hobby/industry]. You landed on this website in your search and want to find a gift for [$X] or less.
- You are interested in buying [general product] for yourself that’s on sale. Select a [general product] having a discount more than [Discount]%.
- You will be attending [event] next week. You want to buy a [general item] for this occasion [between, under, or over] [price] having a delivery time less than [delivery time].
- You’re running low on [general product] for your [thing], so you’re doing some shopping to stock up for the next few months. You came to this store to buy [these products].
- You think [something] and you are looking for a product that can help you. In your search, you landed on this website.
Buy now $100
- How would you find a [general product] that fits in with the characteristics you’re looking for? Look for it while you comment on your experience.
- When you’ve found a product you think would be a good fit, see if you can compare it to another one who’s a bit [cheaper or more expensive] but that still fits in with what you’re looking for.
- How would you choose one out of the two?